Weekend in Maastricht
Accommodations in Maastricht
A memorable city trip starts with a good hotel. Depending on your budget, you can choose from dozens of places to stay. Have a look at www.weekendjeweg.nl or www.booking.com. Two hotels with a unique ambiance are Kruisherenhotel and Hotel Dis. The Kruisherenhotel is located in the city centre. Formerly a monastery, today it is a place where design and antiquity stylishly converge. Hotel Dis is located in a monumental building and houses a modern art gallery on the ground floor. What better place to start a cultural shopping weekend?
Events in Maastricht
Maastricht is a city where events are held in rapid succession, offering entertainment for all ages all year round:
- The season kicks off with Carnival, so don’t be surprised if you run into hordes of people wearing funny costumes in February or March!
- The European Fine Art Fair, better known as TEFAF, is a renowned cultural event held in March every year. Art lovers from all over the world flock to Maastricht for a few days to attend this fair.
- In summer, the Vrijthof square sets the scene for performances by André Rieu, a unique event for lovers of classical music and a compelling show!
- Gastronomy festival Het Preuvenemint is held in the last week of August and is certainly worth a visit. Various restaurants show off their culinary expertise with edible creations, accompanied by live music until the wee hours.
- And of course, as the year draws to a close, Maastricht is clad in a Christmas atmosphere with Magisch Maastricht. Routes set out in lights, skating rinks and mulled wine give the holidays that extra sparkle.
Even if there are no events going on in Maastricht you can still enjoy a wonderful night on the town after shopping. Start with dinner at a good restaurant or café and round it off dancing in a pub or discotheque. There are plenty of venues that offer evening entertainment until the wee hours in the vicinity of the Vrijthof and market squares. Prefer a quiet drink? No problem. There are plenty of places where you can sit and enjoy each other’s company in and around the city centre.