The culinary delights of Maastricht
Will you be in Maastricht for a one-day shopping spree? If so, why not enjoy the culinary delights the city has to offer. It’s always difficult to find a good place to eat when you’re in an unfamiliar city. We’d be happy to share our favourite lunchrooms, restaurants, coffee shops and bakeries with you.
- Start your day with a great cup of coffee at Coffeelovers. This coffee house has six branches in Maastricht. The baristas would be happy to make you breakfast as well, from croissants to yoghurt with fresh fruit. Visit www.coffeelovers.nl for more information and opening hours.
- Bread & Delicious is an authentic patisserie and boulangerie in the Wyck district that is famous for its leavened and sourdough bread. You can read more about their products at www.breadanddelicious.com.
- De Compleminte van Sint Fiet is a typical Maastricht brasserie that serves great food and tasty dishes. Come and be surprised by its regional cuisine and friendly service. You can browse through the lunch menu at www.decompleminte.nl.
- Teazone at Onze Lieve Vrouwenplein is a cosy tea and coffee house and shop in one. Sample some amazing tea? Then buy some to take home!! This is also a wonderful location for a high tea. Find out more at www.teazone.nl.
- Restaurant Gio’s Cucina Casalinga on the Vrijthof square serves the most delightful Italian food. The menu changes every day based on the fresh ingredients bought by the chef that morning. Although you cannot make a reservation, if you decide to have dinner here spontaneously after shopping you couldn’t have made a better choice!
- To many locals, De Comedie is the place to be for an after-work drink on the terrace followed by a delicious dinner. You will find De Comedie on the corner of Onze Lieve Vrouwenplein. Tables can be reserved at www.decomedie.nl.